We reported yesterday that the City of Hobbs, New Mexico was getting a new city manager, and one that many in The W-B are happy to see go, but reading the comments on the TimesLeader, some seemed to think that Mayor Cobb of Hobbs either didn’t have Google access or was somehow snowed by our little kingdom.
Yet as reported by Bill O’Boyle of the Times Leader, Hobbs knew all J.J.’s dirty little secrets and chose to hire him anyway.
Mayor Cobb of Hobbs said he did check out Murphy’s background and his time in Wilkes-Barre. He said he was aware of the alarm system controversy.
- WOW, Cobb’s gunna get robbed?
- Knowing about the Free Home Security Systems, Monitoring fees for said security systems, Hawkeye’s overpriced cameras from campaign contributors, J.J. Hiring hisbrothers firm so they could hire J.J. in return.
Murphy in The W-B
“J.J. was a trusted adviser as my administrator, and Wilkes-Barre’s loss is certainly Hobbs’ gain,” Leighton said.
- In other words, He knew where the bodies were buried!
Murphy said. “I’m thankful to Mayor McGroarty for giving me my start in city government.
- So that’s why you teamed up with the King to take him down. Gratitude!
Murphy said the corruption scandal in Luzerne County that led to convictions and guilty pleas of elected and appointed officials has tainted the reputation of the entire region. “Some people have painted all government workers with that same broad brush,”
- No not everyone, just the Crooks who steal security systems, and gas
Murphy said. “This area will have a real challenge to motivate people in the future to get involved with government.”
- Yea like stop attacking everyone who tries to make a positive difference.
Murphy’s new boss, Mayor Cobb of Hobbs, said Murphy was the unanimous choice of the city commission and himself.
“His administrative abilities impressed us, along with his military training and his responses to our questions,” Cobb of Hobbs said. “We liked what he had to say about his vision for our community and its future.”
- Don’t say we didn’t warn ya Cobbie!
Wake Up Wilkes Barre