Yet The King continues to thumb his nose at former police chief and current Wilkes-Barre Councilman Tony George.
Wake Up Wilkes Barre has added a running clock to our side banner to show The King’s total disregard for our City Council!
George has said he has reached a conclusion on LAG Towing owner Leo Glodzik:
- He should be fired. "I want his contract terminated," George said. "I want to make a motion (today) to request the mayor do it."
Like The Citizens' Voice, which obtained and reviewed five months of towing records, George said he found a number of discrepancies in Glodzik's billing practices, record-keeping and explanations.
- $4,170: What Glodzik's annual city payment boils down to every month.
- $3,440: What Glodzik reportedly made from city tows in December 2011.
- $7,035: What Glodzik reportedly made from city tows in January 2012.
- 142: Number of tows police reported from December 2011 to April 2012.
- 76: Number of police-reported tows for which Glodzik does not have a record.
- 164: Number of tows Glodzik reported from December 2011 to April 2012.
- 98: Number of Glodzik tows for which police do not have a record.
According to the records obtained by The Citizens Voice as well as Gratefulhands.net, Glodzik cannot account for more than half of the vehicles police reported towed from December to April. One has to wonder why that might be?
To be fair L.A.G. Towing does pay the City $50,050 annually for his exclusive right to
- An unlimited Police provided customer base
- Set/Change Prices at will
- Shred Public Records
- Do whatever tickles his fancy
And if a citizen has an issue, they may likely hear from police (what one citizen heard) “I don’t give a F**K about your car”
Wake Up Wilkes Barre