Who actually believes that one? My guess is he would have squandered the money faster than J.J. could screw up a Mark Twain quote.
Just to be clear:
- So it’s not the wasteful trips to Las Vegas seeking information on a splash pad (like the one in Scranton, or Clarks Summit) and by the way ours (Vegas style) now broken?
- It likely has nothing to do with all those rental inspections the city DIDN'T do at places like Sherman Hood.
- It’s not the 18,000 gallons of missing gas, over JUST a 2 year period, (likely MUCH, MUCH more that 18,000 gallons)?
- It’s not the $4,000,000.000 see noting ($10,000 per camera) citywide Blindeye system?
- It’s not all those NO BID contracts to your campaign contributor buddies?
- I’m also betting it has nothing to do with paying a slimy little weasel and his shyster brothers law firm hundreds per hour for NOTHING, that caused our financial demise.
Let’s face it we (the city) are broke, and crime ridden, and there is ONLY ONE person to blame, but there is still something you (your lordship) can do to improve the look of the city without spending a dime. The Independent Gazette points out that “Pride” is just about gone in the city, and with “a shovel, a screwdriver, and with a little elbow grease” the King could make some improvements without soaking the city.
FACT: unless there is something in it for The King it won’t happen, so if it were election time, or a campaign kickbacker said “I’ve got a screwdriver, and a can of elbow grease. I will do the repairs for a quick Million in lowest bidder contract costs, and then tons of overruns, and I will also drop off white padded envelopes at city hall for you, just to keep you apprised of our progress. Then and only then will these no or low cost fixes actually get fixed.
Photos courtesy of The Wilkes Barre Independent Gazette
|Broken @ Kirby Park|
|Glad to see we're recycling|
Wake Up Wilkes Barre