From a distance it may look like The King has been defeated, but I assure you this is only Round 1.
The Times leader, and Citizens Voice are reporting
And citizens are breathing a bit easier, but remember folks this is King Tommy we're talking about, and when have we ever known him to be out maneuvered by “the average Joe” unless it involves missing credit card statements?
You may remember The King held a Closed Door meeting Monday night where he told the parking authority
- “I don’t give a F**K what you do, I will win this WAR”
- War the King said, are we “the city” at war, and if so with whom?
- Is it the parking authority that is the enemy here?
- Or is it that pesky taxpayers group, that seems to think it has the right to ask questions of its own government?
- I mean really what are folks in this town drinking, to think they are entitled to know where your tax dollars are going!
I wonder what the King meant by “I will win this war”?
- My money is on the war the King is fighting, fending off the cities creditors!
- We can’t keep refinancing!
- We are broke, and if we do as many cities have done, and file Distressed City Status we will be subject to the governors audit, and I am also betting the governor won’t accept the standard “we don’t have the records” response citizens get when they ask to see the books.
Wake Up Wilkes Barre