If at first you don’t succeed try try again? Or in the case of The Bobbing Head City Council just keep make the same motion until it passes.
At least that seems to be the case when it comes to ensuring that Christine Jensen is appointed or anointed to the city’s planning commission
- Why is Council hell bent on getting a former HR director on the planning commission?
- What does the mayor want to shove down our thoughts now?
- Why won’t the bobble heads consider someone with experience in the field?
- Is it legal to keep voting until you get the outcome you want? If so I want to cast my vote for Mayor, and Council again!
- Well according to Robert's Rules of Order NO you cannot!!!!
Reconsider: A motion that enables a majority to bring back for further consideration a motion which has already been voted upon. There are certain limitations that apply to this motion. It can only be made by a member who voted with the prevailing side. In a session of one day, which is the typical city council or county commission meeting, it can only be made on the same day the vote to be reconsidered was taken.
- So if the motion FAILED it can only be reconsidered if Tony George or Maureen Lavelle bring it up!
What can anyone do?
- Well we all know if a citizen has the audacity to speak out, the renegade bobble head in charge will throw them out!
Wake Up Wilkes Barre