After much controversy, “ok mostly by me” in the article (Calling on our DO NOTHING, City Hall, Yet again!) published 11/11/11.
It would appear that the Rotten, Stinking, Dilapidated, Burned out mess that is once again a home for the godforsaken riffraff that troll our city in search of these abandominiums as they call them will be coming down.
The questions are:
- What about the separation process?
- Will I be involved in decisions that may possibly cause a problem for my home?
- Will the contractor reface, weatherize, and seal my roof, and soon to be exterior wall once the attached property is removed?
- What will happen next?
- When will the wrecking begin?
Well based on the contract I would say NO based on the highlighted section,
- NOT INCLUDED:
- ROOF REPAIRS
I can only assume they “Stell Enterprises, Inc.” are referring to my property in this section, as those things wouldn’t be needed on a demolished property.
It should be noted that I have been given assurances from Mike Simonson at City Hall that this will all be taken care of, and I sure hope so, as this has been a nightmare to say the least.
What I can say is that Mr. Simonson has been nothing but helpful in this whole ordeal, and he seems to be genuine. I do feel comfortable working with him at this point, and I only hope that doesn’t change as time goes on.
I must admit that my dealings with City Hall in the past have not always been pleasant to say the lease, but like I said "Mike seems genuine", and well only time will tell.
- What’s next for Sullivan Street?
- That remains to be seen, but whatever happens lets hope it’s in full compliance with our zoning and planning office.
Wake Up Wilkes Barre: The squeaky wheel gets the grease!